Thu, 10 Dec|
Social communication for causes and activism
Or the power of words to achieve change and social justice! The purpose of this module is to introduce you to the world of organizations working for causes. You will get to know the concepts with which the sector works and how civil society organizations communicate.
Кога и къде?
10 Dec 2020, 13:30 – 17:00
December 10, 2020
- session 1 - 13: 30-15: 00
- session 2 - 15: 30-17: 00
The purpose of this module is to introduce you to the world of organizations working for causes: to get to know the types and specifics of each type of organization and how they create change. You will get acquainted with the concepts with which the sector works and how civil society organizations communicate and what goals they set for their communication activities. We will discuss the role of the digital communicator and the competencies that are important for its work.
In this module we will discuss the following topics:
- Causes and the third sector. Introductions to the world of civil society organizations
- Participants, roles and relationships.
- How civil society organizations create change
- Role and goals of digital communications in the NGO sector
- Digital knowledge for communicating causes
The assimilation of the material will allow:
- To know and develop sensitivity to the topics, causes, people and stories of civil society organizations.
- Distinguish between business and social speaking.
- Distinguish target groups, beneficiaries, stakeholders, donors, sponsors, etc.
- Define the goals of communication and create the right messages according to them and the target audience
- Know digital competencies.
This module is part of a practice-oriented online training for developing the competencies of girls and young women in the field of digital communication, focused on causes, civic initiatives and activist activities, which is implemented within the project "Communication of causes and activism in online Wednesday - DigiComs " , funded by the Bulgarian Women's Fund.