Thu, 21 Jan|
Creating quality content
The aim is to develop an understanding of what quality content is and to present different formats and forms in which to create it.
When and Where
21 Jan 2021, 13:30 – 17:00
About the event
January 21, 2021
- session 1 - 13: 30-15: 00
- session 2 - 15: 30-17: 00
The aim is to develop an understanding of what quality content is and to present different formats and forms in which to create it. Familiarity with the standards in good journalism in working with information and constructing messages will contribute to overcoming the manipulation and basing of facts in the implementation of activities related to information and publicity. The involvement of consumers in their role as "citizen journalists" will help build community and achieve social change, as well as mobilize the public to sensitive topics and issues left in the "shadow" of the media and institutions. The idea is for the participants to acquire practical skills and knowledge to create a variety of content through which to achieve the set organizational goals. They will also learn about marketing techniques to create and distribute the content they generate more successfully.
In this module we will discuss the following topics:
- Types of content and their combination - text, picture, video, audio.
- Journalistic principles for working with information - search, verification, selection, generation.
- Creating information aimed at information
- Creative forms of content - what, how, when and why they are created. Copywriting.
The assimilation of the material will allow:
- Increasing media and information literacy and implementing principles and approaches from journalism, PR and marketing in the work of digital communicators.
- Practical skills to create a variety of genre, form, format, purpose, etc. fact-based content. Ability to distinguish fact from opinion, as well as to seek pluralism of views.
- Developed standard for quality content and skills for its restructuring according to the specifics of the audience.
- Ability to reverse problem speech and conduct a communication policy aimed at giving constructive solutions and conducting dialogue.
- Recognition of the forms of manipulation and enrichment of the communication tools for overcoming the crises caused by them. Creative thinking and creation of innovative forms of content, as well as transmedia storytelling.
This module is part of a practice-oriented online training for developing the competencies of girls and young women in the field of digital communication, focused on causes, civic initiatives and activist activities, which is implemented within the project "Communication of causes and activism in online Wednesday - DigiComs " , funded by the Bulgarian Women's Fund.